Monday, July 11, 2016

Pokemon Go!!!

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME POKEMON GO WAS COMING OUT?! I kept checking before I left, but I didn't know they had a release date. I should've watched more of E3. Everyone with a smartphone needs to play Pokemon go. Do it for me!
Apparently, I needed to ask my companions about random books they've read. In our class we have a dice that we use to practice conjugating things, and we were going to use it, so I said, "it's time to toss the dice." And then I was sad because I didn't think anyone would get the reference, but then Biesinger Elder said, "Isn't that what Mat says in the Wheel of Time?" He hasn't read the whole series, unfortunately, but he got that reference. That was the highlight of the week.
This week, we taught "Zsuzsa" who is less active. It was an interesting experience. We asked why she'd stopped coming to Church, and she said it was because she wasn't comfortable there, and she didn't have any friends there. It was a little frustrating because I understood her worries, but I couldn't respond to them because I didn't know the language. The really annoying thing was that I'd felt the same why she did, but I couldn't talk about that either. When I went to a singles ward at U of U, I didn't know anyone, and I didn't want to talk to anyone, so I wasn't comfortable and I didn't really have any friends. But despite the fact that I knew what to tell her in English, I couldn't say it in Hungarian.
Anyways, the point is, we don't know how others feel, so you should always be welcoming to others. It's so important. Reach out to those around you.
On Wednesday, our district hosted the new missionaries and I hosted Elder Earl! I didn't even know he was reporting. I've seen him a couple times since then because our classrooms are on the same floor.
The Sunday devotional was really good. The speaker focused on charity. He talked about how it was important that people feel that we love them, and that they feel the Savior's love through us. While his remarks were focused on missionaries and their investigators, it applies to everyone. We should do our best to love those around us. The way he talked about Jesus's love made me think of the Force. We should strive to let the Savior's love flow through us.
The Provo temple is open again, and it was really nice to be able to go. The temple is an awesome place, and I encourage all of you to go there often.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. Love those around you, it's so important.
-Terry Elder

Ballard, Terry and the Turks:  Earl and Grover


Elder Robison.  It was really cool to see him.  It was fun because we worked together and now we're in the MTC together.  Although he leaves soon.  And I'll be in the MTC forever


Peterson, Voigt (in the background) and Terry

Terry and Tolman

Dvorak and Terry

3 Elders 2.0: Earl, Terry, Voigt

Terry and Guevara

Grondel and Terry

Okay, Now the Zone Picture:
Elders: Elder Dvorak, Ballard Elder, Elder Tolman, Elder Fisher (Blocking most of Elder Tolman's face), Elder Grover, Oliphant Elder, Gajdos Elder, Elder Rueger, Elder Voigt, Elder Grondel,  Elder Petersen (Facing the other way), Elder Guevara, Gentry Elder, Leavitt Elder, Me, Sharp Elder (in front of me), Biesinger Elder, and Elder Earl.

Sorry, but I don't know all of the Sisters: Zuster Leman, Zuster Mangam(?), Zuster Smith, Beck Nővér, Zuster Lechtenberg(?), ????, Wester Nővér, Zuster De Moors, Hooper Nővér, Evans Nővér, Zuster Fordiani(?), and Day Nővér.


Elder Rueger, Elder Tolman, and Elder Voigt are on their way to Surinam right now. They left at 1:00-ish this morning. Elder Dvorak, Elder Grondel, and Elder Guevara left for Belgium a few hours ago.
Elder Earl, Elder Grover, and Elder Petersen are leaving tomorrow. Then we get a whole new zone, with three new Dutch districts.

No comments:

Post a Comment