Monday, September 12, 2016

Sept. 5, 2016

Hello everyone,

We don't really have any time because our regular email place is closed for some reason. We have been scrambling to find somewhere to email, but we are more rushed than usual.

So I don't have much to say.

Love,

Elder Terry

Here's some stuff from my email to President:

This week was a really good week. The highlight was the temple rededication. It was really cool to have the opportunity to go and see that. I'm really grateful for the temple in my life, and I want other people to receive blessings from it too. Hearing parts of the Temple dedication in 3 languages was really cool. I had an english translation, and then I could hear German on that too, with the Hungarian playing in the Chapel. It stood out to me that even though we all speak different languages, we are all God's children and He can help us. That's why we have temples, and that's why the temple dedication was translated into all of the languages.

Another great part of this week was teaching József and Sándor. It was a great opportunity. Elder Seamons and I have practiced and roleplayed a lot in preperation for teaching other people, and it was really great to have the opportunity to use the lessons that we've been practicing. We taught József about the plan of Salvation because his mother died recently, and the Plan of Salvation answers questions that people have about that. We also got to meet with him, instead of just hearing his voice over the phone, which was really nice.

Teaching Sándor was great as well. We got to know him and share part of the message of the restoration. He is a great person, and he's just worried about falling into bad habits even after he is baptized. I know that receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and the priesthood will help him so much. He has so much potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment