Tuesday, June 19, 2018

2018. június 18 - 2 Years down

Sziasztok!!

As you might guess from the title of my email, this week I hit my two year mark. And I think that means I'm on overtime now, which I hope means I get paid time and a half in blessings. But jokes aside, it's super weird that I was in the MTC two years ago, that feels like an eternity away. Lots of fun stuff has happened since then.

This week we had some good times. We taught Tomi, our bap. date near a playground, and then we played around a little bit (Elder Phillips took some pictures). Things are going well, everything seems to be set. His mom is coming home this week, and if she gives written permission for him to get baptized we'll move forward with everything. Tomi has been doing good, we finally got him a copy of the real Book of Mormon, and he's been reading from it. Yesterday we went over the baptismal interview questions and it went pretty well. The member with us, Attila, was a great help, I was so grateful for him.

Other than that, some people dogged us, and we ended up dropping one of the investigators we started meeting with (he only wanted to meet for English). Also, one of our investigators, Zoltán, lost his job. Well, he's technically still getting paid, but he needs new work. We'll try to help him out, we'll see what happens. 

We met with some of the members this week too. We visited a cool family, the Bognárék, and had a good time with them. It ended up being a bit of a family gathering, which was fun because their son, Bence, came down from Budapest. Bence was here when I was a new missionary, then he was in Pest when I served there, and then we met again on Saturday. He's really cool and it was fun to talk to him again. So that was a lot of fun.

And that was our week. Good times all around, I asked a néni if we could vacuum her apartment (she said no... :( but we did have a nice conversation.) This week will be busy with Exchanges and district meeting in Szeged, and whatnot.

Also this week we were at a funeral for a less active member's mom, and the Bishop here spoke and he talked a lot about Christ and the resurrection. He shared a quote from President Monson, and I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember that I felt the spirit really strongly bearing testimony that what he said was true. I know that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life, He died for our sins, and was resurrected, and because he was resurrected, we all will be too. It's so important for us to remember the times when we felt the spirit because those memories help us later when we're having a harder time.
This was a really cool experience, just figured I'd share it with you all.

Szeretettel,
Terry elder

Pictures:
Playground with Tomi
District Meeting
Elder Cushing and me
City sign that says Kecskemét in Rovásírás - I took it because my first transfer I had my trainer take a picture of me near a sign for Kecskemét. I thought it'd be fun to compare the 2.






Elder Terry now

Elder Terry then





1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete