Tuesday, July 3, 2018

2018. július 2 - Welcome to the Hungary Romania Budapest mission

Sziasztok!

Our mission has officially been combined with the Romania mission! But not that much has actually changed. We got some policy changes (mostly about speaking Hungarian with Sister Missionaries, and how we do the numbers phone calls every week), but the work is still the same. 

For those of you wondering, no we haven't met President Hettinger yet. There's going to be a meet the president thingy on Wednesday, so we'll see him then. Also, last week the Szabadkais called everyone to say goodbye which was kinda sad. It's sad to see them go, but the wheel of time turns and ages come and pass.

Also we've got pretty much everything set up for Tomi's baptism on Thursday. It's gonna be a lot of fun, I'm really excited for it. He's a good kid. We had lessons with him Saturday and Sunday, they went well. He's all ready. He's made some great progress these months.

Last P-day we saw a lady pooping/peeing. And we were in the Belváros, in front of a bank, which is an interesting choice for a bathroom.

Well, this week is the start of my last full week, the next time I email will be right before I go home. Which is a really weird thought. Shopping today was weird, I bought a ton of Hungarian candy because you can't get a lot of it in America. And yesterday some members randomly started talking about marriage after church with Elder Phillips and I, and after a few minutes I was like "Wait a minute, why are we even talking about this?" to which the members responded, "Because you're going home soon!"  Gug.

Also, this week I finished reading the Book of Mormon, and afterwards I took a moment to follow Moroni's promise. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I'm really grateful that God provided us with this scripture. It's changed me and my life, and I've seen the impact it's had on other people's lives. I'm grateful that God will tell any of us that the Book of Mormon is true. He's answered me every time I've asked.

Szeretettel,
Terry elder

PICTURES:
Here's a picture in our apartment. When the announcement was made about the mission change, the Kaposvár district made this picture and sent it out to the whole mission. And now the change is official.

There are some statues. 3 men hunched over.

Also we went tracting on a random street. Then we looked at the sign and I said "Elder Phillips, do you know where we are? This is RAINBOW ROAD!" And then we mario kart-ed off into the sunset. Not really, but Szivárvány utca means Rainbow road.

And the sisters were late to MCM, and while we were waiting Benedek wrote a scriptural passage about us waiting. 

And those are the pictures. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete