Monday, January 22, 2018

2018. január 22

Sziasztok!
Some fun things happened this week. We finally got some nice winter snow, which was a lot of fun. I took some pictures. Also, Elder Durney's beanie was mine once, but I left it in Szolnok. And now he uses it. Which is kinda funny.

Other than the snow, we also had some missionary work to do, which was also fun. We met with a lot of people, we were really busy all week. Plus we had interviews in Budapest (which basically killed that whole day) and exchanges with the Debrecen Elders. It was a great time.

We visited the Naár family again. They gave us paprikás csirke (Paprika Chicken), which is one of my favorite Hungarian foods. It was delicious. Also, we spent some time talking about the Book of Mormon, and we encouraged them to read every day. After Elder Durney and I bore solid testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon, the mom in the family started talking, and she said something along the lines of "You know, I've already experienced that. I pretty much read the Book of Mormon every day before I go to bed, and I've noticed that it helps me a lot." I don't remember exactly what she said, but it was something to that effect. Elder Durney and I were just so surprised. It's not every day when an investigator just starts bearing their testimony in the middle of a lesson.

The Naár family also came to church, and they stayed for all three hours. They are so great, and we love working with them. They are super golden.

We also went to a couple falus to visit people. It's fun to get out of the cities, but the travel eats up a lot of our time. We visited a family with the Mosers (the senior couple here). The dad in the family is working in Germany right now, so we were just expecting to teach the mom, but the dad joined in through skype. So we had a good time teaching them.

Other than that, we were busy all week. Good times.


Szeretettel,
Terry elder
Terry and Durney



Miskolc in the snow



Keleti pályaudvar, one of the train stations in Budapest.

This sign was on an elevator.
 It says, "ATTENTION: Before you step into the elevator shaft, make sure the elevator is there." I think elevator doors shouldn't open if the elevator isn't there. 



Elder Cushing and Sis. Moser

Elder Cushing wearing a member's winter hat. He's next to a sort of investigator named Gábor




No comments:

Post a Comment