Monday, January 8, 2018

2018. január 8

Sziasztok!

Well, we had a good week, and I managed to make it to Miskolc and survive. It's been fun getting used to a new area with new people. I'm really excited to work here, there are a lot of recent converts and some great people to work with.

Unfortunately, I had to start a new planner and I forgot to bring the old one, so I don't have a list of what we did this week.
Going to transfers was fun, it was good to see some old companions. Also, the sisters that we were with me in the MTC have all gone home, which makes me a bácsi in the mission. I was able to talk with one of them at transfers, which was fun. After transfers Elder Cushing and I went to Miskolc. 

Our companions stayed there, so we had the adventure of finding our way to a new city all on our own. It all worked out though, and once we got here, we got to work.

Miskolc is a factory town. There are a lot of 10 story buildings, which means we have a lot of area to tract. We also have a senior couple here, the Mosers. They are super nice, and it's great to have them here. We went to a couple falus (small village/town things) and they took us to them. It's nice to have them give us rides, and they contribute to our lessons, which is always great. 

When I first came to Miskolc we took a villamos (tram) to our apartment. We live in the Belváros, which is nice. The area we live in is relatively nice. Honestly, the city reminds me of Dunaújváros, except Miskolc is quite a bit bigger and has better business and a lot more people. The branch is actually about the same size, there were about 45 people at church on Sunday.

We met with quite a few investigators in our first few days. We don't have as many people to meet with as we did in Pest, but the work here is still really good. We had 2 investigators at church, and we met some really nice investigator families. It's been really great to work with them.

I'm still struggling to get to know who is who. I still mix up all of our investigators and I don't know who most of the members are. It's been good getting to know a lot of new people.

I'm still getting used to Elder Durney. He's a great missionary and he works really hard. Getting a new teaching rhythm can be hard. Elder Durney likes to talk more than I do, so he talked a lot in our first few lessons, but we are working on getting a new pattern going. His last companion also talked a lot, so they shared time well, but I tend to be more quiet in lessons, especially at the start of a transfer.
I've had a good time in Miskolc so far. It's a great city and there is a lot of potential here.

Also, we heard about President Monson's death on Wednesday morning, which was really sad. Since then I took the time to read and study his last two talks. In the April Conference he talked about Kindness and Charity in the priesthood session, and he talked about the Book of Mormon. He probably knew that these would be his last too talks, and he chose accordingly.

I encourage you all to take the time to study these talks, if you haven't already. Make them a part of your life, and learn from President Monson's example.

Szeretettel,
Terry elder


Pictures:

The first two are with Attila and Dóra, the recent converts in Pest. They are super nice, and we had a farewell dinner with them. I always forget to take pictures with people, but I finally got pictures with them.
The next one is of Elder McKim. He's going home in February, and he lives in Australia, so I might not ever seem him again. So we took a selfie at Transfers.
The last ones are of our apartment in Miskolc and Elder Durney.

And then I (the mom) am adding a picture from transfer day.

Terry, Murphy, Attila and Dóra




Terry and McKim










Elder Durney and the Miskolc Apartment                      Terry and Durney in Miskolc Apartment


The senior couple just grabbed a bunch of missionaries so Riker doesn't know the sister missionary.
Next to her is Elder Graham (he replaced Riker in Pest), Riker, and Elder Suggs (Riker was his zone leader for his first two transfers).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment