Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2018. május 14

Sziasztok!

"What's it like being in Kecskemét again?" - I have gotten this question at least 5 times a day since coming back. It's super weird being back in my first city, but it's a lot of fun too. The ward has changed a bit, there are a lot of really cool recent converts, and it's fun to talk to the members now that I can actually communicate.

We've been super busy taking care of things after transfer- We had to go the immigration office, we had district meeting in Szeged (Districts in the mission have been made bigger, so we're going to have to travel more), and Saturday we did some service at a member's home. It was a lot of fun, we had some great times.

Also, the ward here is was funnier now that I understand most of the jokes they're making. For example yesterday in elders quorum the president decided to have us all explain priesthood ordinances, so he handed out a bunch of slips with the ordinances written on it. Then one of the members makes a joke about turning it into charades, a different one says "I'll start!" and then acts like he's passing the sacrament. Long story short, I appreciate the humor a lot more.

Elder Phillips and I are doing great together. He's from Florida, but apparently his family has moved around a lot. He's going home the transfer after I do, so we are a really old companionship. He's super nerdy (we've already visited at least 2 video game stores). I think we're going to get along well. :)

Szeretettel,
Terry elder

Pictures: Me and the Mosers last P-day in Miskolc



Here are some Pictures elder Phillips took of me.
3 are at a Cathedral in Szeged after District meeting.

Then 2 are at service on Saturday. We had to pull that whole tree out of the ground, it took so long. Benedek (a recent convert here) referenced Lord of the Rings, when the orcs are cutting the trees of Fangorn Forest (I think that's the name), and they say to Saruman "The trees are old, their roots go deep" and Saruman replies "Cut them down" or something like that. Anyways, service was an adventure, we had a good time, and I got to bond with the members here.









No comments:

Post a Comment