Monday, August 22, 2016

First email from Hungary!

Hello everyone!!!!
It's crazy here in Hungary. Things are so awesome here.
Here's some good informations really quick:
My trainer is Elder Seamons. He's from Tremonton, Utah. He's been a missionary for about a year, and he's been in hungary for around 10 months.
We are serving in Kecskemét. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure where it is in Hungary. I think it's Southeast of Budapest. (According to Wikipedia it is southeast of Budapest, halfway between Budapest and Szeged. It is the 8th largest city in the country with an airport and a university. It is also equidistant between the Danube and Tisza rivers.) We were "whitewashed" here, which is missionary speak. It means that both of us are new to the area, so we've been having a fun time getting to know the city and the people here. It's been interesting.
First of all, The flight here was forever long. We flew to Amsterdam and then to Budapest. I mostly slept on both flights, so I haven't been super jet lagged, but it's still hard sometimes.
When we got here, the Assistants to the President and President and Sister Szabadkai picked us up, along the with senior couple that works in the mission home. We had to go get pictures for random documents, like bus passes and other stuff. We talked to people on the way there and back. That was fun, but difficult. A lot of the people were in a hurry and didn't want to talk to us, or they didn't understand anything I said. That was less fun.
We got to stay in a hotel our first night. Then we went back to the Mission home and met our trainers in a fun meeting. President Szabadkai announced them one by one, and Elder Seamons and I were the last announced, so we were waiting and just noticed that we were the only one's left. Then we took the hour and a half train ride to Kecskemét. Things have been really fun here. Church yesterday was a fun experience. I got to bear my testimony and the other Elders new to the area spoke. It was a lot of fun to hear so much Hungarian. I didn't understand most of it, but it was fun to here people speak about the gospel.

It's been really good to be here in Keckemét. I have a few pictures to send. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Some of them are just of cool things. One is of the District here. It's me, Elder Seamons, Elder Veres (The District Leader), and Elder Stephens. I'm not sure what order they are. Elder Veres has lighter hair. He's on the left. I think Elder Seamons is the furthest one to the right in the front.

Anyways, Things are great here, I'm having a great time. Being a missionary is awesome.

Love,

Elder Terry

Some additional things he shared in his email to me:
My favorite food so far has been a random roll I got in a Pékség. It was really delicious, and cheap. In dollars it cost around 75 cents. It was around 190 forint, so you can check me.
We mostly get around our area by walking, but we have bus passes. The church is out of our area, so it would take a while to walk there. We have a ward here. It's awesome.

Elders Veres, Terry, Stephens, Seamons










No comments:

Post a Comment