Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July 31, 2016

There's only 2 weeks left!!!!! That's crazy. I feel like we've been in the MTC forever, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like it's been that long. It's so weird. I can't believe it's already August. I feel like it should still be June.
This week has been really good. We had our first Skype TRC. That means that we skyped a member in Hungary and taught them through Skype. It was really cool. It was really hard to understand, but it was a great experience and I'm so excited to get out there and teach the people in person.
The MTC is really great. I've been kinda sick this week, and that sucks, but it's good anyways. The work moves forward.
It was really cool to see Elder Hale in the MTC. He's awesome, and I know he's going to do great. He's such a great person.
Here's some highlights for this week:
We do a lot of roleplays to practice teaching, and they are honestly the weirdest experience. When I'm pretending to the investigator, I feel the Spirit so strongly, even though it's all practice. For example, this week, I was being an investigator, and one of the sisters in our district was teaching me and when she prayed for me (using the fake investigator name) I felt the Spirit so strongly. It's crazy because she wasn't really praying for me or teaching me, I was pretending to be someone else, but I could still feel the Spirit. It was honestly one of the coolest experiences I've had in the MTC so far.
I've also been studying the Pearl of Great Price this week, and there's some really cool stuff in there. I really like Enoch in Moses 6 and 7. In Moses 6, the Lord calls Enoch, and this is what happens:
"31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?"
Enoch points out his problems. People don't like him, he's slow of speech. How could he serve the Lord. But in Moses 7:
"13 And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him."
He's gone from being a lad with slow speech to someone with great power, and it was all because of God. Sometimes we worry too much about whether we can do what the Lord wants us to do, but He doesn't call us to fail. We can do anything if we turn to and follow Him. He will qualify us and improve us. So turn to the Lord!
Love,
Terry Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment