Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 12, 2016

Elder Terry wrote 8 emails this week! This entry might feel a little disjointed and that's why.

This week has been a fun one. Elder Stanley and I worked super hard. We had some fun times tracting. We tracted in the building where Rozália lives and set up one return appointment, got someone's phone number, and another potential investigator. It was a super good tracting session, which was really cool.
Also I have pictures and stuff to send, but the library we are emailing at is béna, so I'm not even going to try. Next week I'll send lots of stuff.
We meet with Sándor and his family on sunday, and Sándor came to church. It was the primary program and his daughter was in it, so it was really cool that he was there. We shared the Christmas message and it was really good times.
The big news is that I am being transferred to Szolnok. It's in the same zone as Kecskemét, I think it's to the north east (I'm not really sure). I'll be in a trio, and both of my companions are a group younger than me (they've been in Hungary for 8 weeks!) So I'll be finishing their training. Apparently. I don't know anything about them yet. So we'll see what happens.
The mission is super young. There has been a lot of big groups coming in, so lots of crazy stuff is going on. Elder Stanley is training, and staying in Kecskemét.
Basically, things have been going well, and next transfer is going to be a fun one. It'll be a 10 week transfer and we're going to party for days!

Also, I was reading Some Alma scriptures this week and I had a cool thought. In Alma 34:15 it talks about the atonement, and it says that we can have faith because of the Atonement. The atonement is so great. Without it, we couldn't do anything. Because of it, we can do everything!

Also, I forgot to add this to the general email:
We also had a zone day this week. We went to Szeged again and played some games and had a fun time. It was really fun. We also watched Zootopia (or whatever it's called). That was fun. The main thing was that it was fun to spend some time with other missionaries and get to know them better.

Also, we watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional last night at the Kozmaék. There are a fun family. It was fun to watch the devotional in Hungarian. I really liked it. Afterwards we talked to the Kozmaék and had some good times.

Sok Szeretettel,
Terry Elder

This next part is from his email to me (the mom).  It gives a better picture of why he was in such a hurry when he was emailing.  Lots of little letters because he wasn't sure when he was going to run out of time.

Dear Momma!
Things are crazy. I'm going to Szolnok with 2 missionaries younger than me. I may or may not be flipping out just a bit. It'll be fun. I'll also be the district leader there. I feel like this is way to soon, but hey, I must be doing something right. I just hope everyone will survive.
For the Advent Calendar we were supposed to find 3 scriptures that represent us. Mine are: Alma 53:20, D and C 121:33, and Alma 60:36. Basically, I like these scriptures/ I want to be like the people they talk about. I thought about sending Alma 54:24 (I am a bold Lamanite), but I decided against it. I'm super excited for next transfer. I hope we survive and that I don't die. Hopefully all will go well.

Elder Terry didn't say what these pictures are of so I'm guessing:
Elder Terry in the fog of Kecskemet




Elder Stanley






















No comments:

Post a Comment