Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 január 9-e

Hello!
This week was a fun one. We had a ton of appointments set up going into the week, but a lot of them ended up falling through, which was really annoying. But we still had some good times.
We taught Mária again this week, which was good. She didn't read which was sad. It's so annoying sometimes because we meet with people and tell them how important the Book of Mormon is and commit them to read it, and then they don't read it. It's kinda frustrating sometimes. But, we're learning how to help people keep their commitments and come closer to Christ.
We also had some fun times finding people. We had a pi from a transfer ago let us in and we shared the Book of Mormon with him and we set up an appointment to return to him later this week.

This morning during personal study, I was looking through some of the markings I've made as I've been reading the scriptures and I came across this one in D&C 34. It's Christ talking to Orson Pratt, and I really like it because I feel like it applies to missionaries.
"3..Wherefore you are my son;
4 And blessed are you because you have believed;
5 And more blessed are you because you are called of me to preach my gospel—
6 To lift up your voice as with the sound of a trump, both long and loud, and cry repentance unto a crooked and perverse generation, preparing the way of the Lord for his second coming."
I just wanted to share my testimony that if we follow the example of Christ and try to become like Him, we truly are His sons and daughters. We can help the world and cry repentance.

Love,
Elder Terry

We fed some ducks today and some mean swans tried to beat us up.
Other than that, it snowed one day. That was fun.
Also, this was the coldest week of my life. I almost froze to death. The end.






No comments:

Post a Comment