Wednesday, February 22, 2017

2017. február 21-e

Sziasztok!
Well, the first big news is transfers. Elder Pulsipher and I are whitewashing out of Szolnok. He's going to Békéscsaba and I am going to be a zone leader in Dunaújváros. I am leaving my zone, which is sad, but I get to have fun with Elder Aardema. I met him once, and I'm excited to work with him.
Elder Pulsipher and I had a great last week. We met with some people, taught some good lessons. Found a new investigator and set up a return appointment with his whole family. All around it was a good time.
Things have been going well. It's kinda sad to be leaving Szolnok already, but it's going to be a lot of fun.
I don't have much to say. So have a great week.

then he had more time so he added this:

Elder Pulsipher and I had a nice valentines dinner. We had leftover spaghetti by candlelight. It was a lot of fun. We've actually had several candlelight dinners since then, they are super relaxing.

That is all.

and then he still had time so he added this:

We had a really good district meeting too. We call it "District conference" and we each gave a talk on whatever we wanted. I talked about grace. I stole a lot of stuff from General Authorities and talked about Enoch. It was a really good time. We were able to do a lot of good stuff and learn a lot. And we held a funereal for Sister Gordon because she is going home.

We really did have great week. Unfortunately, we didn't have any investigators at church, which makes it an entire transfer with no investigators at church. However, we did have the Stake President at Church which was a lot of fun. He came from Budapest and he was really great. He's a returned missionary who served in this mission and ended up coming back and now he is the Stake President. He did a great job of building up the branch and encouraging everyone.
He made a really good point during his talk that I wanted to share with you all. He talked about how when he was a missionary here he was scared of talking to people and saying things weird in Hungarian. He also mentioned that when he went to college he was scared of correcting people when they talked negatively about the church. I thought a lot about this, and I've learned that there are a lot of times in my life when I allowed fear to hold me back from doing what is right. As I have learned more about God and how He works, I have come to know for a fact that "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7). Fear that keeps us from sharing the gospel and spreading joy is never from God. It is from Satan. Satan wants to make us miserable and he knows that if we are afraid we have a harder time sharing the gospel. So what we need to do is get rid of Satan. He only has power over us if we give it to him. So don't give it to him. You can decide now not to fear, and act according to that. Although you will still have to work and overcome difficulties, you can trust that you are doing what God would have you do.

Sok Szeretettel,
Terry Elder

Elder Terry didn't give information about these pictures and I tried to figure out what it was using Google Translate and Wikipedia and the best I could come up with is that this might be the aviation museum that is in Szolnok.  I will ask for more details next week.  Also, his new area is right off the Danube river and its name is translated to "new city on the Danube".  


No comments:

Post a Comment