Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2017. február 27-e "Danube new city"

Sziasztok!
Well, I made it safely to Dunaújváros or Danube new city. It's a pretty fun place and Elder Aardema and I have been super busy. We have had a lot of very quick meals, which has been a lot of fun. We are actually pretty similar. He likes a lot of the same books and video games that I do, so you can tell that it is going to be a great transfer.
We had a couple lessons this week. One of them was with a family, the Hingyiék, that have been investigating for about a year. They are a lot of fun, and we are really hopeful for them. The father got baptized recent, and he is a lot of fun.
We've had a really good time getting to know each other and working hard. We've had some really busy days, and it looks like we are going to stay pretty busy.
Elder Aardema is in his 7th transfer, which means he has been a missionary for 15 months. He is from the city of North Ogden.
We had MLC on friday, which is the big meeting 2 times a transfer with all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders. It was mostly in Hungarian for about a 3rd of it, mostly the begining, and I had to give a mission purpose thought with no warning which was a lot of fun. Being a Zone Leader's companion (that's the joke, that only Elder Aardema is a zone leader. Unfortunately, it is not true, we both are.) is a lot of fun. We have a lot of exchanges to do, and I don't know most of the missionaries in this zone, so I'm going to make a lot of new friends. And work really hard. There are 9 companionships in our zone, including us, making 18 missionaries in our corner of the vineyard.
Dunaújváros is a fun place. We get around by walking, and when the weather is nicer, we'll start biking. So that'll be fun. The apartment is bigger than Szolnok's and it has carpet, which is nice. It is really well placed too, with an Interspar nearby and not too far away from the Branch house.
Church was a lot of fun. Sister Bassett and I had to introduce ourselves. I may have just said two things about my family and then born my testimony for a few minutes. Whoops. Introductions are no fun anyway. The branch here is about twice the size of Szolnok, which was kinda weird, but I like it.
I included a picture of Elder Aardema and I so that my mom wouldn't kill me. I don't have any pictures of our district yet. We have the two of us and then Sisters Greenwood and Bassett. Sister Greenwood is in her last transfer, and Sister Bassett just barely got to the country. That is a lot of fun.


Anyways, we've had some good times.
Sok Szeretettel,
Terry Elder


No comments:

Post a Comment