Wednesday, February 1, 2017

2017 január 30-a

Hello!!!
The sad news this week is that I finally slipped and fell on the ice. I fell. And Elder Pulsipher just laughed at me. We were walking in a parking lot and I just stepped and some really slippery ice and didn't even have time to catch myself. I just slipped and then I was laying on the ground.
In other news, we met with Mária this week, with the branch president. It went really well, and she read from the Book of Mormon. And then at the end she told us she'd prayed about coming to church and heard a voice say, "Don't go among them." So for the time being, she won't come to church. We're going to keep working with her though and help her get a new answer.
Other than that, we had a worldwide broadcast for missionaries this week, and it was really good. They changed key indicators and the missionary schedule. So that is a lot of fun.
We had a good week. and this next week will be a fun one.

The Spiritual thought for this week comes from my personal study today. I was reading D&C 123 and the last verse really stuck out to me. It says, "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
I've learned that it is really important for us to do whatever we can, and then stop and stand still and see God take over. There are a lot of things that each of us can do, but we can't take away people's agency. We have to do what we can, cheerfully, and then turn the rest over to God.

Sok szeretettel,
Terry Elder

We cut wood at a members house with the branch president. Good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment