Monday, May 22, 2017

2017. május 22-e

Sziasztok!

Well, we had some good adventures this week. Some Highlights:
We went to Veszprém for exchanges. I forgot to take pictures, sadly. But the exchange was great. I was with Elder Stringham which was really great. He's a good one and we had some good times working together. That was fun.
We also tracted a lot and whatnot. That was also good. But admittedly less fun.
We met with the Hingyiék. They are doing pretty good, but they didn't come to church.
We still don't know if Eszter is a member or not. But she is doing pretty good, came to church and everything.
We have been working with a lot of less actives which is fun. Hopefully they'll come back.
We have a pretty busy week planned, lots of teaching, and we are going to Budapest for an exchange with the assistants... I have no idea how to spell that word. Az asszisztensek. We'll be with them.

So yep. Those are highlights.
Spiritual thought time... This comes from John 8 which I had the opportunity to read last week. It's one of my favorite chapters in the bible. Anyways in John 8:31-32 it says,
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 ¶ They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

And as I read this I thought about freedom and what it really means to be free. When we follow Christ and keep the commandments we are free, because "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." The only way to be free and stay free is to keep the commandments and repent, taking advantage of the Atonement to help us obey and become clean. Be like Pahoran and say, "My soul standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us free." (Alma 61:9)


Sok Szeretettel,
Terry elder

Elder Terry called this a "cool flower that looks like a King" 


Elder Aardema


No comments:

Post a Comment