Wednesday, May 3, 2017

2017. május 2-a

Sziasztok!
We had a pretty fun week. Last tuesday we had a zone training on PMG 4, which was a lot of fun. I learned a lot and I hope the missionaries in our zone learned from us too. It was really great and fun.

We also met with some fun people. The Andrásék came to church. They are an old married couple that we found when I first came to Dunaújváros in February. We haven't really been able to meet with them that much, but they live really close to the branch house, so they came to church. Which had it's upsides and it's downsides. Upside: They came to church and had a really spiritual experience. Downside: the néni (old lady) gave me puszi (kiss on both cheeks). I have managed to avoid that until this sunday and it was really sad. I made it so far.... Oh well.

We also met a nice bácsi (old man) who kept complimenting us and saying "Ilyenek vagytok" while giving us two thumbs up. I have no idea how to translate this though. It kinda means that we are just that kind of good.... Sorry. that is a terrible translation. (according to a teacher at OJH that went to Hungary on his mission it is like saying we like you for who you are and you are good--HE even said it was hard to translate into an English idiom)

Elder Aardema and I have been working on following the spirit more and talking to more people whenever we are outside. We've been able to have some good conversations with people while they work or when we street them. It's been a really good time.

Anyways, we had a pretty good week, fun times all around.

For a spiritual thought, I read Alma 26 this week, and in verse 28 there is a really cool thought. They trusted themselves to God's mercy. I thought quite a lot about this, and it shows a lot of faith to not worry about things because you know God is going to take care of you. I hope you all can learn to trust and rely on God more.

Sok Szeretettel,

Terry Elder

Adventure time graffiti


Máté, a member here who is going on a mission soon. He's really cool.


And Me. I got a haircut last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment